The overall goal of the Data Management and Biostatistics Core (DMBC) is to provide a central source of expertise related to data management and biostatistical analysis.
The DMBC manages all clinical and research data and oversees data cleaning and creation of data sets for statistical analyses. The DMBC coordinates and integrates efficient and consistent utilization of data and statistical resources by providing standard methodology and staff support that are readily accessible to investigators. It ensures that all statistical analyses are of high quality and yield valid results.
The responsibilities of the Core include:
- Provides investigators with biostatistical expertise in pre-study study design and implementation of appropriate statistical methodology to analyze the data.
- Provides support on design and implementation of an integrated data management system in REDCap to integrate clinical data from electronic medical records with all research-generated data.
- Coordinates efficient and consistent utilization of data and statistical resources by providing standard methodology and expert staff support that are readily accessible to all investigators.
- Provides expert support for all interim reviews and reporting of data including the development of new statistical methodology if needed to analyze data generated by projects.
- Facilitates dissemination of findings by writing appropriate sections of manuscripts and publishing new methodological developments.
- Provides ongoing oversight of study design and compliance, data collection, transfer, and validation and appropriate statistical analysis and interpretation.
- Assists with data presentation, manuscript completion and dissemination to the greater scientific community.